Thursday, July 10, 2008

July 2008 Challenge Entry - Brighten Up Your Shopping Day Tote Bag by SherryReneeW






I made a tote bag to Brighten Up your shopping day! I am trying to "Go Green" and I thought making and using tote bags instead of plastic could be my small way of contributing to the enviroment.

I'm throwing in FOR FREE a bag that I made out of recycled plastic bags. Check out this link on plastic and it may make you think about the use of plastic too! http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080506/MULTIMEDIA02/80505016


I made the plastic bag by fusing together plastic bags and then sewing the strips together to make a stronger and resuseable tote bag.

The bright fabric on the tote bag is machine quilted to a piece of white flannel and then is lined with a piece of black fabric. All seams are tripled stitched except for the handle which is stitched a ton of times for extra security. I have put a piece of elastic at the top of the bag and sewn a button on in case you want to close it up.

All items come from a smoke and pet free home!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

100% of the sale proceeds will be donated to Etsy for Charity (EFC) Charity of the Month.

No comments: